Heal Dry Winter Skin
Cold weather and low humidity levels result in dry air that steals moisture away from the skin. Indoor heat also robs the air of moisture, and the harsh winter wind makes the problem even worse. Without proper care, dry skin can crack, become irritated and even bleed. Consulting a skin care specialist who can analyze your skin on the spot or during your facial treatment can help ensure that you are following the proper skin care regime for your particular needs.
How Dry Is Your Skin?
- Does your skin feel tight and parched?
- Are the fine lines around your eyes and mouth more noticeable?
- Does your skin feel itchy and sensitive?
- Do you notice flaking skin or red, dry patches?
If your answered yes to any of the above questions, it is time to bump up your MOISTURIZING FACTOR ASAP! Follow these simple steps!
1. Use a hydrating serum under your moisturizer like our Rapid Response Line Filler.
2. Boost up your moisturizer!
Add in a more EMOLLIENT moisturizer. They are listed in order of lightest to most emollient.
- Radiant Anti-Oxidant
- Complex C Creme
- Herbal Silk
- Green Hemp Oil
- Restorative Marine Moisturizer
- Ultra Soy Peptide
- Skin Quencher
3. Vitamin deficiency
Certain vitamin deficiencies could cause dry skin. For example, deficiencies in vitamin A, B12, B3 and B6 are particularly known for causing dry, itchy skin and dermatitis. Vitamin C helps collagen production and a deficiency may lead to ageing and dry skin.